- Orbital Flounder Citharoides orbitalis Hoshino 2000 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Citharidae > Citharoides A pale brown left-eyed flounder with a black blotch on the anterior one-fifth part of the trunk just below the lateral line, and a dark blotch at the rear of the dorsal and anal fin bases.
- Spotted Deepsea Flounder Mancopsetta maculata (Günther 1880) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Achiropsettidae > Mancopsetta A large flounder found in the Southern Ocean, the South Atlantic and South Indian oceans. Pelvic fin on eyed side with 7 rays, much larger than that on blind side which contains 5 rays; caudal fin rounded.
- Branchray Flounder Citharoides macrolepidotus Hubbs 1915 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Citharidae > Citharoides A brownish left-eyed flounder with a conspicuous spot at the rear of the dorsal and anal fin bases, dark blotches on the dorsal and anal fins, and a rounded caudal fin. The pectoral fin rays on the eyed-side are branched except for the upper 2-3 rays and the lower first ray. All pectoral-fin rays on the blind side are unbranched.
- Banded-fin Flounder Azygopus pinnifasciatus Norman 1926 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Pleuronectidae > Azygopus A relatively small brownish flounder with several darker, irregular large blotches, dark bands on the dorsal and anal fins, and dark caudal-fin membranes.
- Pelican Flounder Chascanopsetta lugubris Alcock 1894 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Bothidae > Chascanopsetta A greatly compressed left-eye flounder with an enormous mouth, the upper jaw shorter than the head length, the lower jaw protruding slightly beyond the upper jaw, and lateral lines developed on both sides of the body. Image of a larval Pelecan Flounder .
Page 1 of 1