- Mueller's Flounder Arnoglossus muelleri (Klunzinger 1872) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Bothidae > Arnoglossus A brownish flounder with variable dark and pale spots and speckles, and usually large dark spots on the midside. Although difficult to distinguish from the Bass Strait Flounder, Arnoglossus bassensis , Mueller's Flounder has slightly larger scales and eyes, and appears to be more common in Port Phillip, Victoria.
- Spotted Flounder Ammotretis lituratus (Richardson 1844) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Rhombosoleidae > Ammotretis A well-camouflaged beige, sandy or greyish flounder, sometimes with a number of darker spots scattered on the head, body and/or fins.
- Slender Flounder Pseudorhombus tenuirastrum (Waite 1899) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Paralichthyidae > Pseudorhombus A greyish-brown flounder with three ocelli above and below the lateral line, and smaller dark rings and blotches scattered on body and median fins.
- Derwent Flounder Taratretis derwentensis Last 1978 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Pleuronectidae > Taratretis A small pale tan coloured flounder with many irregular fine brown dots and pale markings scatered on the body, dark blotches and orange and black markings on the fins, and a whitish underside. The Derwent Flounder lacks a hooked snout (rostral hook).
- Bass Strait Flounder Arnoglossus bassensis Norman 1926 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Bothidae > Arnoglossus A brownish-grey flounder with large blackish blotches along the midside and near the upper and lower edges of the body, fins sometimes with scattered dark spots, and a whitish underside.
Page 1 of 1