States & territories
- Western Australia(6)
- Northern Territory(3)
- New South Wales(1)
- Ashmore and Cartier Islands(1)
- McCulloch's Tongue Sole Cynoglossus maccullochi Norman 1926 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Cynoglossidae > Cynoglossus A brown tongue sole with some freckling and diffuse blotches no the body.
- Peacock Sole Pardachirus pavoninus (Lacépède 1802) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Pardachirus Reddish-brown to pale brown with a densely spotted head, spots of various shapes and sizes on the body and fins of the eyed-side, spots with a dark border and often a blackish central spot.
- Snakeskin Sole Soleichthys serpenpellis Munroe & Menke 2004 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Soleichthys A sole with six incomplete, diamond-shaped crossbands on the body that are widest in their mid-sections and wider than the pale interspaces. small brown spots scattered in the interspaces, three crossbands on the head, and two white spots in longitudinal series along the body midline.
- Tiger Sole Soleichthys heterorhinos (Bleeker 1856) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Soleichthys A white to reddish-brown sole with numerous narrow dark brown bars or lines across the eyed side, a white margin and a bluish-black submarginal band on the dorsal and anal fins, and a pale caudal fin with a broad black margin. The species has a tubular anterior nostril the is longer than the eye diamter.
- Whiteblotched Sole Soleichthys maculosus Muchhala & Munro 2004 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Soleichthys
- Wicker-work Sole Zebrias craticula (McCulloch 1916) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Zebrias Head and body with more than 20 numerous narrow dark brown bands with black margins, and often an indistinct band running through the pale interspaces.
Page 1 of 1