- Lemon Tongue Sole Paraplagusia bilineata (Bloch 1787) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Cynoglossidae > Paraplagusia A tan-coloured tongue sole with a marbled pattern of dark wavy lines enclosing pale patches, two lateral lines on the eyed side, none on blind side. In Australia, the Lemon Tongue Sole has also been called Paraplagusia blochii which is a junior synonym.
- Dusky Tongue Sole Paraplagusia sinerama Chaplau & Renaud 1993 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Cynoglossidae > Paraplagusia
- Spotfin Tongue Sole Cynoglossus maculipinnis Rendahl 1921 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Cynoglossidae > Cynoglossus A brown tongue sole with a pair of prominent round black spots on the rear third of the body.
- Wicker-work Sole Zebrias craticula (McCulloch 1916) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Zebrias Head and body with more than 20 numerous narrow dark brown bands with black margins, and often an indistinct band running through the pale interspaces.
- Dappled Sole Aseraggodes melanostictus (Peters 1877) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Aseraggodes A pale brown sole with darker scale edges, faint irregular dark–edged pale markings over head and body, and very irregular dark brown blotches, most much larger than eye, the two largest on lateral line to either side of middle of body; fins with dark dots (Randall 2005).
- Peacock Sole Pardachirus pavoninus (Lacépède 1802) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Pardachirus Reddish-brown to pale brown with a densely spotted head, spots of various shapes and sizes on the body and fins of the eyed-side, spots with a dark border and often a blackish central spot.
Page 1 of 1