- Hardscale Sole Phyllichthys sclerolepis (Macleay 1878) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Phyllichthys
- McCulloch's Tongue Sole Cynoglossus maccullochi Norman 1926 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Cynoglossidae > Cynoglossus A brown tongue sole with some freckling and diffuse blotches no the body.
- Southern Peacock Sole Pardachirus hedleyi Ogilby 1916 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Pardachirus A brownish sole with dark-edged white blotches and scattered darker blotches on the upper side.
- Manyband Sole Zebrias scalaris Gomon 1987 Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Zebrias A pale brown sole with 16-24 darker almost parallel bands across the body and caudal-fin base, bands of equal width or slightly narrower than pale interspaces and usually distinct, though not sharply demarcated from interspaces.
- Smallhead Sole Soleichthys microcephalus (Günther 1862) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Soleichthys A colourful banded sole with 11-13 dark-brown to blackish crossbands on the head and body that are wider than the alternating paler bands, 2 conspicuous white spots on the midline, and a blue and black margin to the dorsal, anal and caudal fins. The brightly-coloured juveniles are whitish with black and orange fin margins. They mimic a species of flatworm in both colour and in their undulating movement.
- Black Sole Brachirus niger (Macleay 1880) Actinopterygii > Pleuronectiformes > Soleidae > Brachirus A uniformly blackish or pale brownish sole with large patches of dark brown cirri, blackish pectoral fins, and a narrow whitish margin on the dorsal, anal and caudal fins. The blind side cream to whitish. This species has frequently been referred to as Brachirus nigra .
Page 1 of 1